Job Title: Generator Specialist
Job Location: MD&A Repairs Division – St. Louis
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world class supplier of power generation services, parts and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Repairs Division is seeking Generator Specialists. This position will be responsible for leading teams in providing repair and testing services on a broad range of rotating electrical equipment including large and/or complicated AC/DC equipment, such as power generator rotating fields and stators, motor armatures and fields, brush less and DC exciters and collector assemblies.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Job activities include disassembled, reassembling, rewinding, repairing, and testing of individual mechanical and electrical components and fully assembled units.
- Travel is required throughout the year. Some holidays included.
- Will direct qualified crews of technicians/winders as well as provide technical guidance & direction.
- Will be the onsite interface with the customer.
- Will be required to assemble a detailed report for each job which includes all the specific technical information pertaining to the scope performed.
- High School or equivalency diploma (preferably Engineering degree)
- Demonstrated leadership & communication skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in rotating electrical equipment test, inspection & repair. Does not have to be with an OEM.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally; extensive travel will be required. (No Exceptions)
- Ability and willingness to work in a range of environments including the STL shop, industrial sites, chemical plats/sites, and power plants.
- Ability and willingness to work at, and gain access to nuclear power stations requiring drug screens and background investigations.
- Good computer skills
- Have the ability to upsell the repairs being performed
- Multi-tasking is a must/work more than one project
- Bilingual is a plus
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.