Job Title: Welder
Job Location: MD&A Repairs Division – St. Louis
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world class supplier of power generation services, parts and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Repairs Division is seeking experienced Welders. The candidate will join, fabricate, and repair metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques. Sets up, adjusts, operates, and tends welding machines to permanently join metal components using heat and/or pressure and metal fillers.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Weld/Repair GE type diaphragms and Westinghouse blade rings;
- Reverse engineer and lay out a diaphragm;
- Perform weld repairs with 410 SS and Inco;
- Weld repair all OEM type stationary blades;
- Perform stick weld repairs;
- Weld repair a tight throat (<190”), short pitch (<.800”), 70 partition per half diaphragm;
- Weld repair of nozzles;
- Westinghouse stationary blade repair in place in the unit, nozzle plates still in the shell;
- Weld repairing horizontal joints and shell fits;
- Erosion damage in the hood;
- Lashing lug weld repair;
- Perform silver solder repairs.
- High School Diploma/GED/Apprenticeship classes or trade school (all levels);
- Welding vocational school training or experience in TIG and stick welding – MIG and sub-arc welding is a plus (level II and level III);
I – no experience required
II – minimum 2 years’ experience
III – minimum 5 years’ experience
- Willingness to travel up to 50%, including internationally (all levels);
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and afterhours (all levels);
- Basic knowledge of welding procedures, practices, and techniques required to weld and/or fuse metals together (all levels);
- Familiar with Power Generation equipment (level II and level III);
- Familiar with NDE techniques such as dye penetrates and mag particle (all levels);
- Knowledge and ability to use hand and power tools associated with welding, such as chipping hammer, grinder, arc welder, etc. (all levels);
- Knowledge and ability to use common precision measuring instruments and hand tools such as tape measure, level, square, file or rasp, etc. (all levels);
- Knowledge of silver solder repairs (level III);
- Ability to read, understand, and follow company repair procedures and directions (all levels);
- Ability to work from blueprints, sketches, procedures and other specifications (level III);
- Familiar with power generation equipment (level II and level III);
- Ability to weld in horizontal, vertical and overhead positions (level II and level III);
- Strong customer service experience in explaining and discussing needed repairs and being able to determine scheduling time frame (level III);
- Ability to lead other diaphragm welders and supervise work being performed at the customer site (level III);
- Knowledge of arithmetic (all levels);
- Good visual and auditory acuity (all levels);
- Good oral and written communication skills (all levels).
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.