Triplet Type Main Stop Valve Upgrade
The MD&A Parts Division Triplet Type Main Stop Valve upgrade reduces solid particle erosion (SPE), thereby increasing valve component life!
View the video on the advantages of the main stop valve upgrade and for additional information call MD&A Parts Division today at (518) 885-3199 or use our Contact form.
Solid Particle Erosion (SPE) occurs where steam and solid particles at high velocities make an abrupt change in direction. SPE reduces component life and decreases valve reliability. A thorough investigation of stem and bypass valve erosion on main stop valves led to an engineering design study of these issues.
The evaluation resulted in the design of MD&A Parts Division Triplet Type Main Stop Valve upgrade as an effective countermeasure to the solid particle erosion seen in conventional designs. The main stop valve upgrade addresses these issues with a configuration that allows for high-velocity bypass steam to flow parallel to the stem, thus eliminating stem erosion issues.
Mark Passino, MD&A Parts Division’s Engineering Manager, said:
“The triple bypass main stop valve upgrade significantly reduces solid particle erosion (SPE). The engineering experts at MD&A Parts Division design each valve to optimize the flow geometry and apply the latest materials and nanocoating technology to extend component life. The overall valve offering is a drop in replacement that reduces valve maintenance costs and increases the time between valve outages.”
MD&A Parts Division (MD&A) manufactures and supplies all parts for Triplet Type Bypass Main Stop Valve. MD&A’s Turbine-Generator Repair Facility in St. Louis performs the final valve assembly.
Advantages of Triplet Type Bypass Main Stop Valve:
- MD&A Triplet poppet valve geometry, contoured to gradually turn the steam flow parallel to stem
- Proprietary TiSiCN nanocoating applied to poppets for improved SPE resistance
- Flared conical diffuser shape of the bypass holes reduce particle velocity and improve direction
- Stellite shielded pressure seal head improves SPE resistance on forward facing steps
- Reduced valve maintenance
- Applicable to subcritical and supercritical plant applications
- 30+ Years of replacement experience (175 MW to 700 MW)
- 8” to 15” Valves
MD&A Parts Division (MD&A) manufactures and supplies all parts for Triplet Type Bypass Main Stop Valve. MD&A’s Turbine-Generator Repair Facility in St. Louis performs the final valve assembly.Tags:
Email This article | Print This Article